Hello World! Can Can Dancer has moved. Please visit www.cancandancer.com to see new DIY posts (and all past posts too!). Happy Crafting!

Twine-wrapped Photo Display

Hello World!

With my new internship, I have my own work area. It was looking rather bland (with just standard office supplies), so I decided to make my own photo display.

I made a symmetrical-style display in the past, but it was tough to get all the ribbon angles exactly the same. This time around, I decided to make one that didn't need to be perfect and was more sporadic in the wrapping. I chose neutral fabric and twine so my desk doesn't scream GIRL.


Check out below for the instructions:


1.  Gather your supplies: foam core, fabric, twine, scissors, and hot glue with sticks.

2.  Place your fabric (right side down) on your workspace, and place your foam core on top of it.

3.  Begin by placing a string of hot glue on your foam core. 

4.  Wrap your fabric around your foam core and stick to the hot glue. (If you are worried about burning yourself, push the fabric into the glue with a pencil or chopstick.) Continue glueing and pressing your fabric until it is completely adhered. 

5.  Place a pile of hot glue on the back side of your foam core, and place the tail end of your twine into it.

6.  Sandwich your twine and hot glue with a piece of scrap fabric. (This will help to better secure it, once the glue dries.)

7.  Begin wrapping your twine tightly around your foam core. Go in random directions, or form a pattern if you wish. 

8.  Once you feel you have enough twine wrapped, repeat step 5 with the other tail end.

9. Allow everything to completely cool. Glue fabric to the back if you want to hide the sloppy backside.

10. Slide photos, cards, ect between your strings, and enjoy!


Happy crafting! 

1 comment:

  1. wow, that's a really awesome DIY, maybe gonna do it this summer!
    Maybe following each other on bloglovin'? I'm following you, in any case.
    Love

    ReplyDelete